Los Angeles Zoom Group Classes
Marie’s MPK Fitness Zoom group classes offer fun, yet challenging workouts for older adults and seniors that will help build self-confidence, accountability and motivation.
Whether you're in great shape or have never worked out, coming back from an injury, need to lose weight or struggling with everyday life, I will motivate, support and encourage you to do the best you can to accomplish your health and fitness goals.
What to Expect
- Online group fitness classes, partner or single person sessions
- Workout from the comfort of your own home
- A fitness program customized for each client based on their health and fitness goals
- Increased strength, energy and stamina
- Increased muscle tone and flexibility
- Decrease stress, tension and anxiety
- Fun, laughter, fun and more fun
The Seven Components Of Exercise
1. Endurance Training
Based on your fitness level, I will incorporate low impact aerobic dance movement exercises using a chair or standing.
Benefits of endurance training:
- Increases alertness
- Improves stamina and energy
- Improves your heart, lungs and circulatory system
- Sleep better
- Reduces stress
2. Strength Training
I will use toning cords varying from easy to difficult tensions, hand weights, a rubber ball and your own body weight.
Benefits of strength training:
- Helps build muscles
- Prevents bone loss
- Improves stability and self confidence
- Promotes strong bones, ligaments and tendons
- Improves independence by giving you more strength to do things on your own: getting up from a seated position, reaching up and taking down dishes from cabinets, showering and bathing, climbing stairs, carrying groceries, opening jars
- Increases metabolism helping keeping weight and blood sugar in check
3. Balance Training
Falling is a major cause of broken hips and other injuries. I will design a balance program improving your balance by requiring you to do simple exercises, such as briefly standing on one leg.
Benefits of balance training:
- Prevents falls and injuries
- Improves self confidence
- Maintains independence
4. Posture Training
Are you suffering from pain and stiffness in your body?
Good posture comes from strong core muscles – from your abdominals and low back. I always tell my clients to stand tall, chest lifted, pull your shoulders back and keep your abdominals in.
Benefits of posture training:
- Enables you to breathe better
- Improves your self image
- Eliminates many of the health problems that can develop when the spine has unhealthy mobility
5. Flexibility & Stretch Training
Flexibility is important, because having flexible muscles allows your joints to move through a full range of motion. You need a certain amount of flexibility to move smoothly, avoid muscle tension and to keep your body protected from injury.
Designing a flexibility/stretch training program by incorporating the use of your own body, foam roller and nylon strap; which will help you achieve a gentle, soothing way to work your body and mind.
Benefits of flexibility and stretching training:
- Keeps your body limber
- Prevents injuries
- Reduces muscle soreness
- Improves posture
- Stress release
6. Corrective Exercise Training
How many times has your neck, back, hips, shoulders, arms, ankles, feet, wrists, fingers bothered you? Over time we pick up bad habits of slouching, sitting at desks, leaning over and pushing our necks closer to the computer screen, or sitting too long, and not getting up to stretch.
Corrective exercise is a form of exercise that brings the body back into a perfect postural position. The program does not attempt to "treat symptoms" but is designed to focus on the underlying cause of your pain.
We will work together using a foam roller, your body weight and a nylon strap to reintroduce proper function to your body, which in turn may restore correct structure. When your body stops compensating for imbalances, you are able to move freely, and your pain maybe reduced.
Benefits of corrective exercise training:
- Identifies physical imbalances and weaknesses
- Improves activities of daily living
Starting an exercise program with Marie’s Fitness Group/MPK Fitness you will be asked to fill out several questionaires based on any health concerns that might worsen with exercise.
- Always consult your doctor or health care practitioner when you start an exercise program.
- Drinking water during exercise keeps you hydrated.
- Wear cross trainer shoes; which will provide the right kind of support.
- Wear appropriate exercise clothing, fabrics that absorb sweat.
- Have a towel with you at all times.
- Never exercise when you are sick.